- Stuffing or Potatoes? This quick and easy side dish is the best of both.
- 2-1/2 cups California sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tbsp. diet margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 (16 oz) package cornbread stuffing (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a nonstick skillet sauté sweet potatoes, onion and celery in margarine for 7 to 10 minutes, or until onions and celery are tender. Spoon mixture into large mixing bowl. Stir in parsley and ginger. Add cornbread and pecans. Toss gently to mix. Slowly add chicken broth and toss gently to moisten. Place stuffing in a casserole dish. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until top is lightly browned and stuffing is heated through.
Makes 8 servings, or about 6 cups. Nutritional information per serving: calories 187, protein 5g, carbohydrate 26g, fat 7g, cholesterol 1mg, sodium 569mg, Vitamin A 8,609 IU, fiber 4g.