- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced, seeded jalapeño
- 2 medium NC sweet potatoes
- 1/2 pound tomatillos
- 1-2 tablespoons minced, seeded jalapeños
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Tomato & Avocado Salsa Recipe
- 8 taco shells
Peel and devein shrimp. Heat oil in sauté pan and cook shrimp until just opaque. Remove from pan and mix with lime juice, cilantro and 1 tsp. jalapeño. Keep chilled.
Sweet Potato Tomatillo Molé
Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water until softened. Peel and mash; set aside.
Remove husks from tomatillos and quarter. Combine with 1-2 tbsp. jalapeños, onion, garlic and lime juice in a medium saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
Pour mixture into a blender or food processor; add cilantro and salt and purée. Strain through a coarse strainer. Combine with mashed sweet potato. Add more salt and lime juice if necessary and set aside.
Tomato & Avocado Salsa
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeños
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and refrigerate.
Heat tacos in low oven until warm. Spread molé inside taco. Fill with shrimp mixture, top with salsa and serve.