- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sweetpotatoes, cooked, cooled and mashed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the sweetpotatoes, maple syrup, eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add the sweetpotato mixture and stir just to combine. Stir in the pecans. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Remove the pan to a wire rack. Cool for 10 minutes before removing the bread from the pan; finish cooling on the rack. Store the completely cooled bread in an airtight container at cool room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Allow the bread to reach room temperature before serving.
This bread freezes well.