- 1-3/4 cups oven-baked, mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups (12 fl oz) Evaporated Milk (for lower fat/calories, use low-fat or non-fat evaporated milk).
- 1/2-3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- Salt, Cinnamon, Ground Ginger, Ground Cloves and/or other of your choice spices to tastes; i.e., 1/4-1/2 teaspoon
- Optional: 2-3 tablespoons Custard Mix
Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and/or other spices in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in sweet potatoes and sugar/spice mixture. Stir custard mix into evaporated milk; gradually stir evaporated milk into sweet potato mixture. Pour into pie shell. Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 40-50 minutes. Cool for 2 hours. Serves 8.